...Sneak Peek Time!
« previous entry | next entry »
Mar. 1st, 2010 | 07:59 pm
WIP MEME: Post a sentence (or two) from as many of your WIPs as you want, with no explanation attached.
- She went there on occasion with some other cadets as a getaway from all of the bars that catered to future Starfleet officers. The clientele at Ruddy's was generally obese, donned in leather, and smoked primitive cigarettes, usually rolled while intoxicated on cheap booze from the bar's well supply. She liked it there because no one knew her personally and therefore, no one could judge.
- Just then, the communicator at Spock's hip went off. "Spock here." "Commander, the teleport hall has just brought in a pod from the U.S.S. Endeavor-"
- She stopped for a second before suddenly lowering herself down to Kirk's ear. "You're right. It is the truth."
- Half-alien. The words that he heard did cut into his human side, as much as he hated to admit it. He did not understand it at first—
- McCoy's disgust was apparent by the fire in his eyes, the quick shake of his head, and the burst of air that came from his mouth.
- He jogged across an empty road, not looking both ways before he crossed it. His cell phone was now in between his fingers and he talked into it with hope in his voice: "Gaila."
- "That's what I'm talking about! Bones! Lemme fill yours up!" "Jim, I'm fine-" "No, no, I insist."
- She raised her head like she used to when she lived planet side. Look up to God, asking a question she couldn't say out loud. Why.
- Kirk had the right to be irritated. He was sitting belly-button deep in what smelled like swamp water. Methane and decay.